Saturday, October 4, 2008

An Interview with Hannah

We thought it might be interesting to give you a glimpse into Hannah's perspective on this new phase in her life. First, we'll let her answer a few questions for you and then we have a couple of 'Hannah moments' we'd like to share.

What are your favorite things about living in France?

I like that I have nice friends who live in the apartment building with me and I like my class at school. I think it's neat to sleep in a bunk bed with Malachi.

What is school like?

Something that I really like about my school is that we have a library (in the class). We have neat toys at school like toy tools and stuff to play house- a baby room, a kitchen room. My teacher is nice because she tries to keep me comfortable and help me know what's happening in class.

What new foods do you eat here?

I like the chocolate cookies that we get at la boulangerie (bakery). Sometimes we walk there and get treats. Mommy and Daddy try new breads when we go. I like it when we eat taco salad at home with beans in it. There are a lot of new yogurts here, like the ones my friend Hayden (another kid whose parents are students here at CEF) brought to class.

What does it look like outside in Albertville?

Right now there's snow on the mountaintops and trees on the mountain. I like when it's sunny here and I get to go outside and ride my bike. The roads are different because they have bike lanes and places for people to walk.

Now, a couple of glimpses into Hannah's life:

Last week when she was making a card for a friend's birthday, Eric thought it would be fun to spell happy birthday for her using the French alphabet (same as English, but with different names/sounds). To our surprise, as Eric spelled the words, she wrote them down correctly. It was shocking, to say the least.

A couple of nights ago, Hannah woke up early in the morning after having a nightmare. I asked her what happened in the dream and she said something about Dora coming out of the television with something scary. So, I suggested she think on something good, like Dora going on an adventure somewhere exciting, like Six Flags. Hannah replied, "No, Mama. I think I'll think about Dora going to the Eiffel Tower." What in the world.

1 comment:

Susan~GO C-A-T-S!!!! said...

I can hear Hannah's enthusiatic story-telling abilities coming through these comments! Can't wait to hear about Dora's adventure with Hannah to the top of the Eiffel Tower!
"Congrats Hannah on being able to write in FRENCH!!! You're soo smart! Keep it up sweet girl and I miss you big squeezes and can't wait to get one from in a few months! Love you Hannah!"