Sunday, September 28, 2008

Hannah and the biker gang

Well, I thought France was a good place to learn French, but apparently it is also a good place to learn how to ride a bike. Three kids Hannah’s age have all broken free from the bondage of training wheels and are now flying around the school parking lot on nothing but two wheels. Why am I telling you this? Because Hannah is one of them. That’s right! Our darling little girl has taken to the road. She is getting quite good at riding around the parking lot here at the school. Before long, the trip to school will be much more exciting, but we’re working our way up to that.

Malachi is not quite ready for the bike thing yet, but he has taken to running all over the place when he is outside. He tries to get the attention of anyone who will listen and says, “Watch me run fast!” He then takes off around the parking lot. We thought a jump to France might mean a jump out of diapers for Malachi, but even with a fine 3 euro French potty, he is not interested. Other than that, he is picking up a little French (it’s cute to hear him say “bonjour” and “au revoir”). They have certain phrases they purposely use as often as they can in the nursery to help the kids learn and adjust (he is only spoken to in French!). All in all he is doing well and just as cute as ever.

1 comment:

The Bells said...

Good Job Hannah!!!!! It is fun to see you growing up. The first time I rode a bike without training wheels, I was being showed up by boys. They were riding my pink bike, and it made me mad. I took my pink bike to the top of a shallow sloping hill, and I jumped right on and went straight down the hill. It just took a little courage then I got to have a great time riding with the other kids. Advice: A little fear is a health thing. I love you! M