Sunday, September 28, 2008

Take a Hike


I am 30. There is no question about it. Now I know 30 is not old, but that is not my point. My point is 30 is not 21 or 25. 30 is just 30. This past Sunday I, and all 30 of my years, went with a group from the language school for a hike in the French Alps. I spent an hour and a half trying to keep up with a 15 year old guy and an 11 year old girl, who were both shooting up the mountain like it was a mole hill. Despite the pain I felt in my legs (and the shot to my pride), the hike was amazing. The view from the top was something only a Master Designer could have created.

2 comments:

Rose Family Editor said...

Must be Eric -- since I know Amanda turns 30 in January :) Next time take Malachi on your shoulders. Hiking solo will be a breeze after that -- ha ha! Great photo -- we appreciate it more knowing how you had to work for it!

Susan~GO C-A-T-S!!!! said...

Yeah for Birthdays!!!!! So glad ya'll have this blogspot!! I'm just now reading up on everything i have missed and WOW!! What fun adventures! congrat to the 2-wheeling lady with ringlets :) and give my chest-beating boy a squeeze when you catch him after his "watch me run" experiences. Miss you 4 and am praying for you and often think/smile/laugh/tear up about great memories and stories! amanda...any more coffee out the nose experiences or should i just get Marz, the comedian, to strike again? Oh, and good for you, Eric, taking your sweet bride on a wonderful date...you're her knight for sure!

Love you all and may you dream in French soon :)

(school's going well....learning how to look in ears and eyes and other fun things! i hope to keep in better touch and know that the absence of communication in NO way reflects that you are "forgotten in france"...contraire good friends, it's the opposite!)